| Lifestyle Summary|
Retirement in Cali, Colombia - Retiring in Cali, Colombia - Living in Cali, Colombia - Cost of Living in Cali, Colombia
Cali is a very favorite retirement destination because the people are so nice, the medical facilities are so spectatular, and it’s easy to get around.
However Colombia is a challenge if you don't speak Spanish. Not as many people as you would hope speak English.
Reting in Colombia takes a different personality than retiring in Panama or Costa Rica because Panama and Cosa Rica are are slower-paced environments. Colombia is really a fast-paced and dynamic country. except perhaps for Cartagena.
So North Americans who retire in Cali are normally people who are used to living in big cities, like New York City, Miami, etc.
Good visuals here: http://youtu.be/HqtVwgHIqo4
| Health Care Summary|
Healthcare in Cali, Colombia
Clearly, while quality of hospitals and health care professionals is not a constant; however Colombia and Chile' boast highly advanced health care services due to the following reasons:
1. Exceptional quality medical schools
2. Broad availability in most, if not all, medical and surgical sub-specialties enables multi-disciplinary approach to managing complex medical/surgical conditions
3. Excellent nursing capabilities, in adequate supply, enables specialization of nursing staff, thus making for excellent post-therapeutic care and recovery
4. Physicians, for the most part, invest in continuing education, therefore renewing their knowledge base on a consistent basis.
5. Overseas education: Many physicians travel abroad for fellowship education (a 1-3 year process of medical specialization), returning to the homeland with progressive methodologies and views about modern health care practice.
6. Both nations have a universal health care insurance system AND a private insurance system that sustains continued infrastructure development.
7. Continued investment in facilities and technology.
8. Providers are responsive to socio-economic segmentation of consumers.
9. Non litigious practice environment allows the doctors to focus on the human touch, building close relationships with their patients
The above-mentioned combines to a world-class infrastructure, US quality outcomes (or better) and exceptional consumer friendly practice style.
- Activities in Cali, Colombia
- Adrenaline Sports
- Amusement parks
- Art and Museums
- Art Galleries
- Arts and Entertainment
- Church or Faith-Based Activities
- Coffee / Tea Houses
- Cultural Experiences
- Deep-Sea Fishing
- International Airport
- Mall and Superstores
- Organized Family Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Plays and Cultural Events
- Private Airport
- Pubs and Bars
- Scuba and Snorkeling
- Spas and Resorts
- Swimming and Beaches
- Whale Watching
- Wineries and Microbrewers
- Amentities in Cali, Colombia
- Good Bookstores
- Good Internet Access
- Good Restaurants
- Lively Arts Calendar
- Outdoor Recreation Assets
- Tourist Shops
| Community Types|
- Community Types in Cali, Colombia
- Condos and Fractional Ownership Setting
- Cosmopolitan City
- University Town
| Supportive Lifestyle Services|
- Supportive Lifestyle Services in Cali, Colombia
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
| American-Friendly Retirement Destinations|
- American-Friendly Retirement Destinations in Cali, Colombia
- Expat Enclaves
- Retirement Towns / Communities
| Medical Services Catering to North Americans|
- Medical Services Catering to North Americans in Cali, Colombia
- Alternative Therapy
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dental / Light Elective / Wellness
- Diagnostic Services / Executive Physicals
- Major surgery
- Minor Needed Surgery
| Langages Spoken|
- Langages Spoken in Cali, Colombia
Posted By:Ilene Little
I found this link to be informative: More
Let us help you find the destination for your own lifestyle and healthcare needs: